Friday, September 12, 2003

Ok, need to add another post. This Blog business has been distracting me little by little from my work all afternoon and now I'm off for the weekend and won't be able to update it for a little while.

I have at present got high hopes for this blog. I hope to look at questions about myself here and through expressing these discover something about myself. I feel that I should draw on the experiences of the Introspectionists - a group of psychologists who tried to understand the human mind by trying to apply empirical principals to studying their own thoughts. Many thought that this was a waste of time, as observing behaviour inevitably causes it to change - however I believe the act will help bring some clarity to who I am or at least who I think I am and what I aspire to be. Documenting such a process I hope will change me for the better - if it doesn't or I don't like where its going I'm sure I'll simply stop talking about all that and start discussing computer games which have consumed alot of the 27 years of my life to date. Maybe there'll be some of both.

Sounds pretentious and lofty doesn't it. Perhaps I've already discovered something there then ;)

No comments: